Just as it is the case in many industries, the metal cutting industry has witnessed many transformations and developments.
Most of these changes and step up in the metal cutting sector are geared towards enhancing the finishing of the workpiece for various applications.
And to meet this demand, high speed machining is used to produce tools and parts of high-quality and precision.
Most prominent among the various sectors where high speed machining are put to use are; space and aviation industry, automobile industry, medical industry, and many industries.
The reason for the high demand and wide application of high speed machining is not farfetched.
Firstly, high speed machining greatly reduces cycle times, increases the quality of tools, and lengthens the lifespan of tools.
With all of these, it becomes a breeze to produce and manufacture advanced tools with better qualities.
About all the benefits that come with the use of high speed machining, it, therefore, becomes pertinent to partner with a professional and reliable manufacturer for the best deal.
Challenges encountered with the use of traditional machining processes.
1. Poor reproducibility of slot width due to heavy and varying loads
One common problem with traditional machining or low machining conditions is the slot width variation due to poor repeatability.
For this reason, the aviation industry employs the high speed machining tool since it can easily remove a large chunk of raw material within a short period.
Also, with the high speed machining, a full and deep slotting using routers that tend to divide the chip length into smaller pieces for ease of removal of the chip is used.
2. Uneven surface finishing
There is usually an uneven surface finishing, which is usually experienced with traditional machining.
In most cases, this leads to other finishing tools to give a finishing touch to each tool.
Besides incorporating more tools, there is usually a high level of end mill wear, leading to a short lifespan of a tool and so much time for each cycle to complete.
Due to all these, the aviation industry prefers using high speed machining where a full and deep slotting can be achieved.
With this, an endmill with a narrow slot width is usually employed, and once this is the case, a high feed rate with depths up to about 2xD to 5xD can be achieved.
Also, with the high speed machining, unified chips that are small can be achieved since there is a software to control chip sizes with a quick turn out on product delivery.
This can, however, be achieved on various raw materials such as stainless steel, hardened steel, steel, as well as other exotic metals such as titanium and Inconel.
Major Advantages of High-Speed Machining
1. The main body is designed with light weight, low centrifugal force, good rigidity and low expansion coefficient, which can obtain better accuracy and spindle life.
2. Load distribution is usually done evenly.
3. The z-axis is designed with no counterweight and brake servo motor to improve the driving performance of Z-axis and achieve high speed and optimal surface finish.There is usually a total removal of sharp machine moves.
4. There is usually a total removal of sharp machine moves.
5. The three-axis rapid displacement is 48m, greatly reducing the processing time. Large pitch screw and high-speed rail, linear rail wear is very small, very long service life.
Partner with us for Superior High-Speed Machining
We are a renowned brand in the industry, and we are known as the supplier of high-quality high speed machining products.
Kindly contact us for a business deal, and we will appreciate your patronage and serve you satisfactorily.